Japan 2006 IPO roundup December 27, 2006Posted by fukumimi in Finance, IPO, Japan.
We’re all done with IPOs on the Japanese exchanges for this year.
Some headline numbers:
- Total number of IPOs: 188
- 20 failed to post initial prices above the subscription price
- 36 companies (or perhaps 37, depending on how eBASE does. The company listed on Dec 26th but has yet to trade in two days, buys outnumbering sells by approximately 30:1, and looks like the initial trades will occur at a level of PER>100) posted opening prices which translated to an initial price trailing PER >100
- Highest initial price PER was Drecom (Feb 9th), at 953.94
- 8 companies had initial price trailing PER<10, and a further 2 companies were loss-making for the most recent financial reporting period
More stats when I’ve had a chance to get the data into Excel.